4 day(s) / 3 night(s) :
Walk up the Douro to spend a few days in one of the most attractive Quintas of the Valley, appreciating its products, its location and its calm… You will get a better understanding of the wealth of Porto and the Douro Valley's wines!
- Wines of the region
- Useful info
(soon available in english)
- When to go there ?
THIS WINE TOUR INCLUDES:
- 1 night in a charming 4-star hotel with breakfasts
- 2 nights in a beautiful Quinta of the Douro Valley
- 1 traditional Portuguese lunch and dinner served in your Quinta
- 1 gourmet tasting in a Port wine bar
- 1 Port cellar visit
- 2 guided tours of cellars of the Douro and wine-tastings
- Family car rental
- 1 guidebook with all the best local tips
Day 1 : 1. Sweet PortoUpon arrival at Porto airport you will be handed the keys to your rental car. First stop: the town centre. The maze of small picturesque alleys and the colorful facades, worn by time, will soon captivate you. Like the city the buildings are a mix of many different styles (medieval, baroque, and neoclassical). There's something to suit all tastes! There are many beautiful places to explore: Santo Il Defonso Church, the Coliseum, the Stock Exchange Palace, Sao Bento railway station or the famous Dom Luis I bridge!
- Visit one of the town's most beautiful wine cellars.
- Early evening you are expected in a Port wine bar for a delicious Port tasting served with Portuguese tapas.
- 1 night in a delightful 4-star hotel in the heart of the town centre.
Day 2 : To the ValleyTime to drive towards the Valley, which is only about two hours away. This evening you will sleep in a typical Portuguese Quinta, on a hillside with a view overlooking the Valley. On the way, do not hesitate to make a stop in Pinhao, one of the main stops of the Douro Valley (with the town of Regua). Stopping at the Railway station is a must! There you will find the fascinating azulejos, chronicling the history of the vineyards. You will be given an opportunity to view the most precious part of the Valley: the cellar.
- Visit, followed by a tasting, an estate in the Valley where they have mastered the art of producing Port.
- Have a traditional dinner, served with wines from the estate in which you are staying, with a panoramic view of the Valley!
- 1 night in your Quinta's hotel.
Day 3 : Live life at the Douro’s paceToday you will live at the pace of your Quinta and of the Valley. Gain insight into the trade secrets of the Douro wines and of Port. The latter is made with the famous Touriga Nacional, which your host grows with passion. Your guided tour ends with a nice tasting. For lunch, a picnic in the vineyards is arranged - weather permitting. You will taste the little pleasures of Portuguese cuisine.
- Guided visit of the cellar and wine and port tasting.
- Traditional lunch, a picnic when weather permits.
- Spend the night in your charming Quinta's hotel.
Day 4 : A bowl of fresh air before leavingIf your return flight is in the afternoon or in the evening, why not make the most of the morning by going on one of the three hikes suggested by the Quinta. The bravest amongst you will go on the 12km circuit! On the way, you will come across many small chapels, orchards, and the olive storeroom. For those who prefer to take it easy, go and sit by the pool and enjoy the view overlooking the Valley and its vineyards. Porto's airport is a two and three-quarter hour drive away.Activities and schedules may be adjusted depending on availability. They will be confirmed in your quote request. Package prices are indicative and may vary depending on desired dates, availability, and number of people. The price is calculated on the basis of 2 persons.
JOURNEY THROUGH THE PORT VINEYARDS
4 day(s) / 3 night(s)
550,00 €per person
- The steep alleys of Vila Nova de Gaia
- The twists and turns of the Douro and its fascinating landscapes
- Living the life of the Quinta
- Matching the Douro wines with the local cuisine
You may also like
The secrets of Porto
3 day(s) / 2 night(s)
415,00 €per person
An exceptional stay in Rioja
4 day(s) / 3 night(s)
1 199,00 €per person