3 day(s) / 2 night(s) :
An unforgettable stay at the heart of the Douro Valley to discover the many faces of Port. On the list of things to do are recreational and relaxing activities mixed with gourmet stops. Perfect for a break away from the hustle and bustle of life!
- Wines of the region
- Useful info
(soon available in english)
- When to go there ?
THIS WINE TOUR INCLUDES:
- 1 night in a charming 4-star hotel with breakfast
- 1 night in an beautiful Quinta in the Douro Valley
- 1 traditional Portuguese lunch and dinner served in your Quinta
- 1 before-dinner tasting in a Port wine bar
- 1 visit to a Port cellar
- 2 guided visits of cellars and wine tastings in the Douro
- Rental of a small family car
- 1 guidebook with top tips on the area
Day 1 : Sweet PortoUpon arrival at Porto airport you will be handed the keys to your rental car. First destination: the town centre. The maze of small picturesque alleys and the colourful fronts worn down by time will remind you of a different era. Like the city, the architecture is a mixture of many different styles (medieval, baroque, neo-classical) with something to suit all tastes! There are many beautiful sights: Santo Il Defonso Church, the Coliseum, the Stock Exchange Palace, Sao Bento railway station or the famed Dom Luis I bridge!
- Visit one of the town's most beautiful wine cellars.
- At the start of the evening you are invited to a Port bar for a delicious Port-tasting served with Portuguese tapas.
- Spend the night in a delightful 4-star hotel in the heart of the town centre.
Day 2 : En route to the ValleyTime to drive towards the Valley, only about two hours away. This evening you will sleep in a typical Portuguese Quinta, situated on a hillside with a view overlooking the Valley. On the way, do stop in Pinhao, one of the places to see when in the Douro Valley (and the same applies to Regua). You must stop at the railway station, where you will find the fascinating Azulejos, chronicling the history of the vineyards.
- A visit followed by a tasting in a valley estate where they have mastered the art of producing Port.
- Traditional dinner accompanied by wines from the estate where you are staying, enjoying a panoramic view of the Valley!
- Spend the night at your Quinta's hotel.
Day 3 : At the pace of life of the DouroToday you will live at the pace of your Quinta and of the Valley. In between the vineyards and the olive trees, you will make lovely discoveries: chapels and the olive oil factory, all with incomparable views! You will be left spellbound! Take the opportunity to enjoy a lovely walk in nature. There are many identified trails, the longest of which is 8 kms long! If you'd rather relax, depending on what the weather is like, lie near the swimming pool overlooking the Valley and its vineyards.
At the end of the day, wave goodbye to Lusitania and drive to the airport to drop off your rental car.
Activities and schedules may be adjusted depending on availability. They will be confirmed in your quote request. Package prices are indicative and may vary depending on desired dates, availability, and number of people. The price is calculated on the basis of 2 persons.
- Guided visit of the cellar plus wine- and port-tasting.
- Traditional lunch that turns into a picnic when the weather permits.
THE SECRETS OF PORT0
3 day(s) / 2 night(s)
415,00 €per person
- Portuguese hospitality and friendliness
- The sweetness of 10, 20, 30 years old Ports
- Spectacular views of the Douro Valley
- Feasting on grilled fish
- A cooking class on regional cuisine
You may also like
Journey through the Port vineyards
4 day(s) / 3 night(s)
550,00 €per person
An exceptional stay in Rioja
4 day(s) / 3 night(s)
1 199,00 €per person